The 2015 IEEE Power and Energy Society (PES) General Meeting is held in Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, Denver, CO. Dr. Parvania presented his newly published Transactions paper titled “ISO’s Optimal Strategies for Scheduling the Hourly Demand Response in Day-ahead Markets”.
Dr. Parvania and Mark O’Malley (University College Dublin) co-chaired a well-received panel session on “Demand Response for Reliable Integration of Variable Renewable Energy”. The panelists included:
- Goran Strbac (Imperial College London): Whole-system approach to assessing benefits of Demand Response in supporting cost effective integration of renewables
- Jianhui Wang (Argone National Lab): Grid Integration of Variable Generation considering Demand Response Forecasting Errors
- Paul Sotkiewicz (PJM): Experience with Demand Response and Renewable Resources in the PJM Market
- Marissa Hummon (Tendril): Reducing Renewable Generation Integration Barriers with Demand Response
- Elaine Hale (NREL): Drivers for the Value of Demand Response under Increased Levels of Wind and Solar Power
- Mark O’Malley (University College Dublin): Integrating Variable Renewable Energy and the Synergies with Demand Response